Sagging facial muscles instantly makes you look older and there is no excuse because it’s easy to exercise the face and neck daily. There is no doubt that sagging, drooping skin is, unfortunately, a natural side-effect of aging, facial exercise really can help hold back these effects for longer.
Common indicators are:
• Drooping eyebrows • Hooded eyes • Sagging jawline • Eye puffiness
• Jowls developing • Sagging chin • Eye puffiness • Sagging chin
• Mouth starting to turn down • Development of a double chin
If you want to tighten up these muscles, then create a facial muscle exercise regime this can prevent the muscles from lengthening and sagging and also improve any existing damage. If you want to halt the impact of aging and promote smoother skin with fewer wrinkles, you can start by simply massaging your face with your hands.
Gentle stroking of your face over your forehead and with both hands smoothing across the cheeks can do wonders. Don’t drag at the skin however and add a moisturizer for best results as this will serve to hydrate the skin at the same time.
1. Sit upright with open eyes. Raise your eyebrows whilst gently lowering the top eyelid down. This stretches the eye area. Keep in this position for a count of five and repeat the process five times.
2. Sit with eyes open. Look up and then down without moving your head. Repeat this ten times and then again but look left to right for a further ten counts.
3. Sit upright and then tilt your head back so that you are looking up at the ceiling. Keep your mouth closed and while in that position, begin a 9 chewing movement. You will instantly begin to feel the stretch across your throat and neck. Repeat ten times.
4. Sit upright and then tilt your head back so that you are looking up at the ceiling. Your lips will be closed but your eyes are open. Once in position, draw your bottom lip up over your top lip and hold for a count of five. Relax and then repeat five times.
5. Sit upright and focus on bringing your forehead into a frown. Hold the position for a few seconds and then reverse, lifting your eyebrows up as far as you can and opening your eyes into a stare. Hold for a count of five and then repeat the process.
There are many different types of facial exercises and they can be great fun to do. In addition, they take very little time to do each day and if you keep repeating morning and night, you will soon start to see and feel the difference.
- Misty Cassady